Here are some tips on where to avoid when searching for safe parking spots.
Make sure you always park your vehicle safely. Walk a few more meters rather than cause a crash.
1. You must not always park where you see “NO PARKING’’ sign.
2. You must not park where your vehicle will obstruct the views of other road users or constitute danger to them.
For instance, avoid parking near the following places;
a. Road junctions
b. Bends or corners
c. Brow or crest of a hill
d. Narrow bridge Level crossing
e. Pedestrians crossing or on either side of a crossing
f. 15 meters to emergency entrances/exits.
* Hospitals, Road side clinics,
* Road Safety Offices,
* Police stations,
* Fire Service stations and Fire hydrants
* Entrances of Markets, Schools and private residences.
* Footpath, pavement or cycle path.
* Left hand side of the road at night (except in a one-way street).
* On flyover, in tunnels or in underpasses.
* On expressways (except on the hard shoulder in an emergency).
* Where you will make the road narrow.
* Opposite another parked vehicle if this would narrow the road to less than the width of two vehicles (double parking).
” Near road construction works.